“The child’s first and most influential teacher is the parent.” P. Mayfield
Parent and Family Engagement Plans 2018-1
The Timbo School Parent Center
Physical Location: High School Library
Virtual Parent Center: Timbo Parent Center
Parent Facilitator: Stephanie Labert
- Reading Initiative for Arkansas provides resources for parents for children from Birth and up to help with reading at home.
- Parent Resource Center
- Twenty Ways You Can Help Your Children Succeed at School is a bilingual site providing many ways parents can support their children's learning.
- My Child/My Student is provided by a sponsorship between education and community organizations, the State Board of Education, and the Arkansas Department of Education to give parents helpful information and tips.
- The Center for Effective Parenting has a variety of information on topics including general parenting tips, discipline and intervention strategies, and specific issues or concerns.
- Parent Involvement in Education from the Center for Effective Parenting has tips on communication, motivation, organizational, study skills, and testing.
- Parent Toolkit includes tips and guides to guide you from Pre-k through high school.
- The Arkansas Department of Education offers several links for parents on a range of topics.
- Parent Concerns for digital media from Common Sense Media (includes cyberbullying, privacy and safety, etc.
Common Core State Standards
- What Parents Should Know About the Common Core State Standards
- Frequently Asked Questions About the Common Core State Standards
- Key Shifts in Language Arts
- Key Shifts in Math
Homework & Research Tools
- Tassel Time K-12 resources with access provided by the District. Contact the school for you username and password
- AR Traveler Databases Access library databases for research at home.
- Khan Academy provides video tutorials. Especially useful for math at all grade levels.
- ReadWriteThink provides resources including games, tools, tips, and how-to's for K-12 students.
Online Resources (PDF files)
- Growing Up Drug Free: A Parent's Guide to Prevention (US Dept. of Ed. Publication)
- Doing What Works: Increased Learning Time Beyond the Regular School Day (US Dept. of Ed. Publication)
- Parent Power: Build the Bridge to Success (US Dept. of Ed. Publication)
- Literacy Begins at Home: Teach Them to Read (US Dept. of Ed. Publication)
- Shining Stars: Kindergartners Learn to Read- How Parents Can Help Their Kindergartners Learn to Read (National Institute for Literacy)
- Shining Stars: First Graders Learn to Read - How Parents Can Help Their First Graders Learn to Read (National Institute for Literacy)
- Shining Stars: Second & Third Graders Learn to Read - How Parents Can Help Their Second & Third Graders Learn to Read (National Institute for Literacy)