If your child has been in direct contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or has tested positive themselves, contact your child's building principal immediately!
As we get closer to the beginning of a new school year, the Administration realizes that there are numerous questions and concerns from our staff members, families, students and community members. While this FAQ sheet will not answer all of your concerns or questions, we think it is an initial step in the right direction.
We want to make sure, as always, that not only our students have the safest possible opportunity for a quality education, but that our staff remains healthy as well. As always, the two most important goals of the MVSD are to provide a safe environment while providing a top flight education for all involved.
The MVSD is, and will continue, to follow the most current guidance from The Arkansas Department of Education, Arkansas Department of Health and the CDC. There is no doubt that this year will be challenging for everyone involved. We also know that the administration, faculty, staff, students, parents and community will be up to the challenge.
We hope the FAQ’s will help you understand what online learning in the Mountain View School District will look like for the 2020-21 School year. The district will continually monitor and adjust as needed throughout the year to make it as successful as possible.
Please keep in mind that the distance learning format will be much more rigorous than the AMI format that we ended the year with last school year. The distance learning format will follow the Arkansas Academic Standards.
Distance learners will be required to participate in state required assessments. This may require the student to be on campus for the administration of those tests.
The following page describe our plan for distance learning for the 2020-21 school year.
1. How will I stay in contact with my child’s teacher(s)?
- You can make contact via email and/or phone. Teachers will respond as soon as reasonably possible. Students will be expected to check in and complete assignments through Google Classroom. Attendance will be documented according to logging in on Virtual and/or Google Classroom. More information will be provided during an orientation that will be scheduled before school starts.
2. What will the time frame be on turning in assignments?
- It will vary according to assignment.
3. If a person is a distance learner, when can he/she pick up a Chromebook?
- Chromebooks will be made available during the distance learning orientation.
- Please keep in mind that if you’re household already has a laptop, Chromebook or MacBook, those devices will suffice and a school Chromebook isn’t necessary. Go to the district website to see minimum specs for digital learning devices.
- An orientation will be mandatory in order to procure a Chromebook and information about the learning management system.
4. What if we have technology problems? Who do we contact?
- Your teacher will be the first person to call in the procedure. The teacher will help determine what to do depending on the severity of the issue.
5. If you choose to have your student(s) attend as distance learners, you will need to contact the Mountain View School District at 870-269-3943. Information about orientation times and dates will be published at a later date.
These are basic guidelines. Each building may have unique procedures that best accommodate the age and content for those students.